Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship for Women
Scholarship Provided by : third party
February 06, 2017
- The Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship in the amount of $10,000 will be awarded for the upcoming academic year.
- The Sunflower Initiative, established and supported by alumnae and friends of Randolph-Macon Woman’s College, offers the Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship in gratitude for the outstanding education provided to generations of women at Randolph-Macon Woman’s College, and at other institutions who share or shared its mission.
- The Sunflower Initiative celebrates the continuing opportunity for young women to attend women’s colleges and is pleased to support them through the Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship.
- Female graduating high school seniors, women who have matriculated at college, but left prior to the completion of the first semester, and early college applicants are eligible to apply.
- Women who have completed one semester of college or more are not eligible. Matriculation at a women's college is a requirement.
- The Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship is awarded for one year with the possibility of renewal.
- Criteria for selection include academic achievement, character, and leadership qualities, as well as breadth and depth of interests.
- The application will be available on The Sunflower Initiative website in early October and is due in early March.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will notify the winner of the award in April.