$10,000 Free Speech Essay Contest
Scholarship Provided by : third party
January 01, 2016
- To enter, students must submit an essay between 800 and 1,000 words on the provided topic below
- .One $10,000 first prize, one $5,000 second prize, and three $1,000 runner-up prizes will be awarded for the best essays.
- Four $500 winners will be chosen from the remaining entrants in a drawing.
- FIRE will accept essay contest entries from August 1st to January 1st.
- Winners will be announced January 31st.
- High school juniors and seniors for the current school year who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents are eligible to participate in FIRE's essay contest.
- Answer the essay question: Why is free speech important at our nation's colleges and universities? Using examples from both videos, discuss how censorship of student speech is incompatible with higher education.
- Your essay should be 800 to 1,000 words.
- Submit your essay through the form on our website.