AFA Teens for Alzheimer's Awareness College Scholarship
Scholarship Provided by : third party
February 15, 2017
- As more and more families across America are affected by Alzheimer’s disease, many teenagers as well are becoming aware of this heartbreaking brain disease—from personal experiences in their own families, watching friends and neighbors, or involvement in community service.Recognizing this, the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA), a national nonprofit organization, has created a division specifically for teens, AFA Teens.
- Its goals include raising awareness among teenagers and the general public about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias; providing education, counseling and support to young family members; enabling teens to share feelings with other teens and experts; and referring teens and their family members to supportive services.In a further effort to provide an outlet for teenagers to express their thoughts about Alzheimer’s disease and to engage the younger generation in this cause, AFA is pleased to offer the AFA Teens for Alzheimer’s Awareness College Scholarship.
- Beginning in 2014, scholarship awards to deserving college-bound students will be a $5,000 scholarship to the winner; and $2,500 and $1,000 scholarships to the first and second runners-up, respectively.
- Additionally, seven $500 scholarships will be awarded for Honorable Mention.
- The deadline for applications is February 15th of each year.
- This scholarship provides an excellent opportunity for college-bound students to give thoughtful consideration to the impact Alzheimer’s disease has on their own lives and others in their family and community.
- For more information, please visit our website.