Maine State Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
Scholarship Provided by : third party
April 15, 2016
- The Maine State Chamber of Commerce Scholarship program recognizes two Maine high school seniors planning to pursue education at a two or four year degree-granting college.
- Preference may be given to a student attending a Maine college and seeking a degree in a business- or education-related field.
- Must meet federal financial aid criteria for independent student status.
- Born before January 1, 1990 or
- Legally married or
- Enrolled in a graduate level or professional education program or
- Have legal dependents other than a spouse or
- Be an orphan or ward of the court (or were a ward of the court until age 18) or
- Be a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Academic excellence measured by the content of the student's transcript and GPA
- Applicant's activities, including employment and contributions to community
- Financial need, represented by the applicant's Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Letter of recommendation from an official at the student's high school or adult's community
- Essay describing challenges that businesses face in Maine