American Legion Department of North Carolina/American Legion Department of North Carolina High School Oratorical Contest
Scholarship Provided by : third party
January 15, 2016
- Objective of the contest is to develop a deeper knowledge and appreciation of the U.S. Constitution, develop leadership qualities, the ability to think and speak clearly and intelligently, and prepare for acceptance of duties, responsibilities, rights, and privileges of American citizenship.
- Open to North Carolina high school students.
- Must be U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- The contestant must have a prepared eight to ten minute oration on some aspect of the Constitution of the United States, as well as 4 three to five minute discourses on specific assigned topics to test the speaker's knowledge of the subject.
- Minimum GPA Required: None specified,
- Ethnicity/Heritage: None specified,
- Residency: North Carolina,
- Gender: None specified,
- Religious Affiliation: None specified,
- Location of College: None specified,
- Area of Study: None specified,
- Financial Need: Financial need analysis is not required