- Two scholarships of $1500 each awarded to the children of American Legion members or of American Legion Auxiliary members holding membership for the past three consecutive years.
- Children of a deceased member can also apply.
- Parent of the applicant must be a veteran.
- Must be high school seniors or college freshmen or sophomores in a Kansas institution.
- Scholarship for use at an approved college, university, or trade school in Kansas.
- Must maintain a C average in college.
- Minimum GPA Required: None specified, Ethnicity/Heritage: None specified, Residency: Kansas, Gender: None specified, Religious Affiliation: None specified, Location of College: Kansas, Area of Study: None specified, Financial Need: Financial need analysis is required