- Scholarship of $1000 to the descendants of veterans who are American Legion members or American Legion Auxiliary members holding membership for the past three consecutive years.
- Descendants of deceased members can also apply.
- Must be high school seniors or college freshmen or sophomores in a Kansas institution.
- Scholarship for use at an approved college, university, or trade school in Kansas. Must maintain a 3.0 GPA. Disbursement: $500 at beginning each semester for one year.
- Minimum GPA Required: 3.0, Ethnicity/Heritage: None specified, Residency: Kansas, Gender: None specified, Religious Affiliation: None specified, Location of College: Kansas, Area of Study: None specified, Financial Need: Financial need analysis is not required