Fountainhead Essay Contest
Scholarship Provided by : third party
April 26, 2017
- Submit a cover sheet and essay of 600 to 1,800 words on one of the following three topics:
- 1. Compare Howard Roark and Lois Cook. Are they both individualists?
- Why or why not?
- 2. Why does Toohey support Keating's career early on?
- What is Tooheyâs purpose in promoting the careers of such mediocrities as Keating, Gordon Prescott, Lois Cook, Ike the Genius, and Gus Webb?
- In what way does his purpose integrate with his anti-Roark campaign?
- How does this issue relate to the wider themes in the novel?
- 3. Dominique Francon loves Roark yet struggles to destroy him.
- Entrant must be in the 11th or 12th grade
- . Employees of the Ayn Rand Institute, its board of directors and their immediate family members are not eligible for this contest.
- Past first place winners are not eligible for this contest.