- Letter from applicant describing community his/her community service.
- Resident tuition status (excludes nonresident-, military-, etc.)
- New Applicants: Letter of recommendation from non-related person.
- Renewal Recipients:
1. Brief statement about how the scholarship assisted you in the past year.
2. Brief statement of progress made towards academic goals.
3. A brief statement of satisfactory academic progress.
- Personal Statement:
1. Educational and career goals.
2. Extra- and co-curricular activities from high school to present.
3. Commitment to serve Hawai‘i and its people
4. Work Experience.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need
- Be Hawaii residents and have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Applicants must also be enrolled at least half-time at any of the campuses of the University of Hawaii.
- Selection is based on character and 'qualities of good citizenship.'