Predoctoral Fellowships for Historians of American Art to Travel Abroad
Scholarship Provided by : third party
November 15, 2017
- Predoctoral Fellowships for Historians of American Art to Travel Abroad
- Applicants must be nominated by the chair of a graduate department of art history or other appropriate department.
- Each department may support two candidates.
- Applicants should submit proposals, itineraries, a curriculum vitae, two letters of support from professors and an additional letter of nomination from the chair.
- The fellowship is for a period of six to eight weeks of continuous travel abroad in areas such as Africa, Asia, South America or Europe to sites of historical and cultural interest.
- The travel fellowship is intended to encourage art-historical experience beyond the applicant’s major field not for the advancement of a dissertation.
- Preference is given to those who have had little opportunity for professional travel abroad.