- Ruth Abernathy Presidential Scholarship
- Applicants must be members of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD), but they may join when applying and must major in health, physical education, recreation or dance.
- Undergraduate applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA and have junior or senior status when applying.
- Graduate applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA and have completed one semester of full-time study.
- Selection is based on scholastic achievement, leadership, community service and character.