Albert M. Lappin Scholarship
Scholarship Provided by : third party
February 15, 2017
- Albert M. Lappin Scholarship
- Applicants must be high school seniors or college freshmen or sophomores who are average or better students.
- They must be the son or daughter of a veteran and enrolling or enrolled in a post-secondary school in Kansas.
- A parent must have been a member of the Kansas American Legion or American Legion Auxiliary for the previous three years.
- In addition, the children of deceased parents are eligible if the parent was a paid member at the time of death.
- Applicants must submit a 1040 income statement, documentation of parent's veteran status, three letters of recommendation, with only one from a teacher, an essay on the topic of 'Why I Want to Go to College' and a high school transcript.
- Applicants must maintain a C average in college and verify enrollment at the start of each semester.