- Herman J. Smith Scholarship
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate or graduate students attending an accredited four-year institution.
- They must have at least one more year of study to complete after the date of award disbursement; fifth-year seniors are ineligible for this award.
- They must be majoring in and planning to pursue a career in mortgage finance, construction management or another construction-related subject.
- Preference is given to Texas residents, students who attend school in Texas and current members of their school's National Association of Home Builders student chapter.
- Selection is based on academic merit, recommendations, work experience, extracurricular activities, career goals and financial need.