- San Francisco Section Daniel Cubicciotti Student Award
- Applicants must be full- or part-time graduate or advanced undergraduate students in good standing at a university or college in Northern California.
- Students must major in metallurgy, materials science, chemical engineering or chemistry and be involved in thesis research or other academic activities that relate to electrochemistry.
- Applicants may be nominated by anyone familiar with their qualifications.
- The applicant does not have to be a member of The Electrochemical Society.
- The award is based on academic excellence, quality of research activities, a demonstrated interest in the study of electrochemistry and personal characteristics that reflect Dan Cubicciotti's integrity.
- Community service and participation in other activities will also be considered.