- Essay detailing reasons for choosing teaching as a career, desired subject/level to teach, and experience with teaching, tutoring, and or working with students.
- Letters (2) of recommendation, one from guidance and another from a teacher or other influential adult (not family member).
- SAR (Student Aid Report) from FAFSA.
- Financial Need to be determined by the Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Official high school transcript including grades (9th grade through first semester of 12th grade), class rank (if used by school), and SAT scores.
- All Connecticut residents who are this year's graduates of public and private secondary schools in Connecticut are eligible to apply, provided they are committed to pursuing teaching careers.