- Completed Klussendorf and McKown Scholarship Applications
- One letter of recommendation, by email, from a breeder, teacher or coach who is familiar with the applicantâs activities and achievements
- Official transcript showing all college courses and grades to be only viewed by the NDS Executive Director
- In 200 words or less, describe students dairy cattle experiences (home dairy and/or other dairies)
- In 200 words or less, please answer the following question: Why do students want to be part of the U.S. or Canadian dairy industryâs future? What role do they wish to pursue? How are they preparing themselves for this role?
- Must be in their first, second, or third year at a 2-year or 4-year college or university in the United States or Canada majoring in dairy science, animal science, agri-business, or other related majors that will develop the skills needed to pursue a career in the dairy industry.
- The McKown scholarships will give preference to youth from predominately Holstein backgrounds. Past, present, or potential members of dairy cattle judging teams will receive special consideration
- Must need to show leadership, participation in extracurricular activities, and a special interest and ability in showing dairy cattle in their best natural form