Margaret A. Pemberton Scholarship
Scholarship Provided by : third party
April 15, 2017
- Completed application form
- Written essay (no more than 300 words) that describes the applicantâs: personal and educational goals, current and projected contributions to the community (include high school community service and volunteer activities), reasons he/she should be selected (include evidence of financial need to complete educational goals).
- Provide documented evidence to add support to the applicant's desirability including awards, certificates, and/or letters of commendation. * Official high school transcript in sealed envelope
- Two letters of recommendation:one recommendation from a High School Counselor or Designee; one recommendation from a Community or church Member (must be a non-related adult who has knowledge of the applicant's potential for success).
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Must be an African American with permanent residency in the District of Columbia or one of the adjacent counties of the State of Maryland (Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, Howard & Montgomery, Prince Georges).
- Must be a graduating senior, currently enrolled in a high school in the District of Columbia or one of the adjacent counties of the State of Maryland.
- Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.8 (on a scale of 4.0).
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.