JROTC Scholarship Program
Scholarship Provided by : third party
April 15, 2016
- A copy of the veterans honorable discharge. (Form DD 214) Dependents of current military personnel must submit a letter from the base commander certifying the active duty status of the parent.
- Official transcripts including the first grading period of the current school year. Transcripts must be in the 4.0 grade scale, or if in a different system, translated to the 4.0 scale.
- SAT and/or ACT scores.
- A complete and signed copy of the parent(s)/guardian(s) 1040 tax form must be enclosed. It will be used to verify financial need. The applicants name must also appear on the tax form.
- A copy of the applicantâs Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Student must submit an essay (50-100 words).
- Acceptance letter from the accredited school you will attend.
- Proof of college expenses (A copy of expenses out of the college publication will suffice).
- A letter from program commander verifying participation in ROTC/JROTC activities.
- A resume detailing extracurricular activities, volunteer activities, community services, and jobs held during the past four years.
- Must be an active JROTC cadet and currently a high school senior.
- Must have a minimum high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. (Or documented evidence of extenuating circumstances that caused a lower GPA.)
- Must be the child or grandchild of a United States veteran.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must demonstrate academic promise and financial need.
- Must agree to authorize AMVETS to publicize your scholarship award, if you are selected.