- Student must create a free account with CHCI in order to apply.
- Full-time enrollment in a United States Department of Education accredited community college, four-year university, or graduate/professional program during the period for which scholarship is requested.
- Latino students in the United States who have a history of performing public service-oriented activities in their communities and who demonstrate a desire to continue their civic engagement in the future.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Consistent, active participation in public and/or community service activities.
- Strong writing skills.
- U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency.