Developmental Disabilities Awareness Awards for Lutheran High School Students
Scholarship Provided by : third party
April 15, 2017
- Documentation of a minimum of 25 hours of contact with a person(s) who has a disability in either a family, community or church setting. This could be paid or volunteer work and must have been completed within the past two calendar years.
- Interview two professionals in the field of developmental disabilities (social worker, psychologist, teacher, vocational or rehabilitation specialist, etc.). Submit a 100-word summary of each interview, describing that professional's job and how he/she prepared for that job.
- Four letters of reference (pastor, principal, and two other unrelated people).
- An official high school transcript.
- Be an active communicant member of a Lutheran congregation.
- Be a senior in high school.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have an interest in a career in the field of developmental disabilities.