- Completed application form
- Essay of 250 on the following topic: What has been the most impactful volunteer effort in which you have participated in Sarasota? What motivated you to apply for the 'Fly High Award' and how does it differ from other scholarship opportunities? Describe what it means to you to be a mentor and share in what capacity you served.
- Two letters of recommendation from high school teachers
- Be a female graduating senior from each of the Sarasota County High Schools who has been accepted by an accredited college, university or educational institution
- Achieved a minimum of a 3.0 un-weighted overall GPA during their high school tenure
- Student has demonstrated community service and extracurricular activities.
- Student has demonstrated extraordinary excellence in disciplines in any of the following: Dance, Music & Art, Leadership and Community Service (see application form for further details on leadership and community service) * Meet Requirements of Scholarship, Character, Personality, Purpose and Need