- In order to apply, applicants must create an account on the Organization for Autism Research website.
- Any individual with an established autism or Asperger Syndrome diagnosis and who will be attending an accredited institution of higher education in the United States Fall/Spring semesters is eligible to apply.
- Students do not need to be freshmen in college to apply.
- Eligible individuals need to be enrolled on at least a part-time basis (6 credits) or be working toward certification or accreditation in a particular field (e.g., studying to be a paralegal).
- Past recipients of a Schwallie Family Scholarship or immediate family members of any person serving on OARâs Board of Directors or Scientific Council are not eligible to apply.