- Documentation that a minimum of 100 hours of service to people who are developmentally disabled (volunteer or paid) was completed within the past 2 calendar years.
- An essay (250-300 words) on the career he/she is planning in the field of developmental disabilities and how that career choice would impact the lives of people with developmental disabilities.
- Four letters of recommendation (pastor, professor/teacher, and 2 unrelated others).
- An official college transcript.
- Active, communicant members of a Lutheran church.
- Have achieved sophomore status or higher at a college or university, not necessarily a Lutheran college.
- Have earned a minimum 3.0 overall GPA.
- Have a career objective in the field of developmental disabilities.