- Personal and financial information, including the most recent tax return (students under 21 must attach their parents' tax returns).
- A written essay discussing personal and agricultural background.
- Transcripts of grades and college board test scores.
- Two references from teachers, school administrators, employers or community organizers.
- A background in California or Arizona agriculture, the student or someone in the student's immediate family must have derived the majority of his or her income from agriculture.
- Financial need.
- GPA and extracurricular activities indicative of potential for success.
- Entering any undergraduate grade level who are enrolled in or have applications pending at an accredited college and plan to pursue a course of study leading to a recognized degree.