The UCLA Scholarship Resource Center (SRC) announces the Miller/Shigemura
Scholarship for UCLA Undergraduates, a donor-funded scholarship for entering first-year
(freshman) UCLA students.
Completed applications with supporting documentation must be received at the SRC by
• Preference to US citizens who are California residents.
• Full-time first-year UCLA undergraduates enrolled in the UCLA College.
• Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA for continuing recipients; 3.0 for new recipients.
• Complete the FAFSA by March 2nd.
• Demonstrate financial need based on UCLA Financial Aid Office standards.
This scholarship provides a minimum $5,000 for fees and educational materials.
• Complete the Miller/Shigemura application and include the required brief essay which describes
how the scholarship will help you complete your education and any obstacles or challenges you
overcame. The essay should not exceed 250 words (one double-spaced page). The essay will
be used as a sample of your writing.
• Attach a letter of recommendation: the recommender must seal and sign the envelope.
Applicant’s name must appear on the front of the envelope with his/her UCLA ID number.
• Include an official or unofficial copy of all your academic transcripts.
Applicants will be notified by August 30th.
Return completed application by U.S. or Campus Mail, or drop off form in person, addressed to:
c/o Angela Deaver Campbell, Director
UCLA Scholarship Resource Center
330 DeNeve Drive, 233 Covel Commons
Los Angeles, CA 90095-7247