The former NACA South Central region established the Markley Scholarship in 1983. The scholarship is named for Larry Markley, the acknowledged founder of the former NACA South Central Region. The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize and honor involved students who have made significant contributions to the NACA Central Region. Up to two scholarships may be awarded annually.
The scholarship is to be used for educational purposes, such as tuition, fees and books or for professional development purposes, such as conference fees. Scholarships are announced in October.
Materials must be submitted online by Sept. 1. Only the first 75 qualified applications will be considered.
- Strongly involved in and contribute to the NACA Central Region
- Demonstrate continued potential in the field of student activities
- Are involved in and contribute to the field of student activites and/or student activities employment
- Are classified as a junior, senior or graduate student at a four- year school in the NACA Central region, or are classified as a sophomore at a two-year school in the NACA Central Region
- Have a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- High school students are not eligible.
NACA membership or involvement is not a criterion for selection.