An annual award to recognize and reward well-rounded ODS high school dressage youth members who
personify the ODS High School Code of conduct, and have been accepted to enroll as a freshman at a college or
1. Only current ODS High School Dressage team members in good standing who have been members of
ODS and participated in the High School Dressage program at least two years at the time of application
may apply. Participate is defined as: Entered in show, volunteered or obtained sponsorships for
2. Applications will be available on the ODS website by January 1st of the year for the scholarship award
3. The deadline for submission of applications is April 1st of the scholarship year.
4. The scholarship application must be self-initiated by the student. Teacher or parent nominations will
not be accepted, and applicants are expected to complete the application process without outside
1. A completed application must be submitted by the student, USPS postmarked on or before April 1st, to
the ODS Office and must include any attachments to the application.
2. References (as described below under Award Criteria) must also be received, USPS postmarked on or
before April 1st, in order for an application to be complete.
3. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the Award Criteria outlined below.
4. The decision of the Scholarship Selection Committee is final.
5. The winner(s) will be notified on or before June 1st of the year of application.
6. Awards are not refundable or transferable to another student or another school. Winners who do not
enroll in their named college or university by the end of the scholarship award year will forfeit the
7. Students who withdraw or are dismissed from high school prior to graduation will forfeit the award.
8. Previous years’ winners are not eligible to re-apply for the award and the scholarship is not renewable.