Dolphin Scholarship Foundation currently sponsors 117 students, who each receive an annual scholarship of either $2,000 or $3,400. Each recipient may potentially receive a total of $13,600 for up to eight semesters of undergraduate study. The number of new awards granted each year is determined by graduation/attrition of current Dolphin Scholars and donations. Dolphin Scholarship Foundation is proud to have awarded nearly ten million dollars to more than 1,000 students attending universities and colleges through the United States.
SUMMARY OF ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- High school senior or college student
- Child or stepchild of member or former member of the U.S. Navy Submarine Force
- Unmarried on March 15 of year of application
- Under age 24 on March 15 of year of application
- Scholar must attend either a four year accredited college or university OR a two year community college and intend to work toward a BS, BA or Associates Degree.
Sponsor must meet one (1) of the following requirements:
- Sponsor must be qualified in submarines and served on active duty in the Submarine Force for a minimum of 8 years.
- Sponsor must have served on active duty in submarine support activities for a minimum of 10 years.
-Years of service need not be consecutive; however, qualifying years must have been served on ACTIVE DUTY. Time served as a Naval Academy or NROTC midshipman, in "Boot Camp", or as a member of the inactive or Selected Naval Reserve cannot be used to establish eligibility.
- Student is eligible if his or her Sponsor died on active duty while serving in the Submarine Force.
- Time in service requirement may be waived by DSF if Sponsor qualified in submarines and was medically discharged or retired due to injury or illness which occurred in the line of duty.
For questions concerning eligibility of applicants or sponsors, please contact the Scholarship Administrator at:
Dolphin Scholarship Foundation
4966 Euclid Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757) 671-3200 ext 111 Voice Mon-Thur (9am - 2pm)
(757) 671-3330 Fax