The Hanscom Spouses Club (HSC) of Hanscom Air Force Base is a private organization developed as a welfare and social forum for the spouses of our military members. Members of this club volunteer countless hours supporting fundraising events and services that benefit the Hanscom Air Force Base Community. For the past 54 years, starting in 1961, this Club has offered scholarships to military dependents. The intent of these scholarships is to support graduating high school seniors and spouses of members of any branch of the armed forces (Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, including dependents of Reservists or National Guard whose sponsor must have been activated during the 2015-2016 school year for a minimum of 120 days and is able to provide a copy of their orders at time of application submission).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
a. Planning to seek undergraduate, associate, or similar degree/diploma from an accredited 2 or 4-year college, university, or vocational-technical school; and
b. Are a dependent of an active duty, retired or deceased military member; and
c. The applicant must be in possession, or eligible for possession, of a military ID card allowing full benefits (that does not expire before 18 May 2016); and
d. Applicants must reside within a 60-mile radius of Hanscom Air Force Base, MA; or
e. Be the dependent of a sponsor stationed at Hanscom Air Force Base
2. This is a merit-based scholarship, which rewards students who demonstrate scholarship, community service, leadership, volunteerism, and a diversity of interests. Selection is made by a panel of impartial judges.
3. Winners are only eligible for one HSC Scholarship.
4. Each recipient is notified by mail of his or her selection.
5. The award money is sent directly to the student and is solely for the purpose of tuition and fees.
6. The awards are presented to the recipients 18 May 2016.
7. The award will be withdrawn if the recipient accepts a scholarship from another military Spouses’ Club.
8. The award is withdrawn if the recipient fails to enroll in an institution of higher learning within six months of receiving said award. Written verification of enrollment will be requested from the school by the HSC.
9. The Hanscom Spouses Club reserves the right to increase, decrease, or withdraw any or all awards.
10. In addition to their applications, applicants must submit two (2) typed letters of recommendation each from a different person. Forms are provided, but evaluators may use their own forms as long as they follow the directions on the forms provided. Other attachments include: essay, official high school transcripts, a photocopy of the front & back of the student’s current military ID, self-addressed stamped envelope and parental or guardian certification of the validity of the attachments.
Mail completed application with all attachments, POSTMARKED ON OR BEFORE 12 MARCH 2016 to:
Kathy Dunklee Scholarship Committee
Hanscom Spouses Club
75 Grenier St. Unit 8888
Hanscom AFB, MA 01731
We will email a confirmation of receipt. Please contact us if you haven’t received the confirmation within 2 weeks of your application submission.