The Association for Radiologic and Imaging Nursing (ARIN) Dorothy Budnek Memorial Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to ARIN members who have returned to school to advance their nursing education. The recipient will receive a scholarship in the amount of $600.00. Individuals who have been members of ARIN for at least three years are eligible to apply for the Dorothy Budnek Memorial Scholarship.
Dorothy (Dot) Budnek began her career as a Radiologic Technologist. Dot strongly believed in the importance of the nurse’s role in radiology and returned to the University of South Carolina to pursue her BSN degree. She faithfully supported ARIN and attended classes at USC throughout her battle with breast cancer. In the memory of Dot, a faithful ARIN member and nursing education advocate, ARIN is proud to award a scholarship to a radiology nurse who is continuing his/her education.
Deadline for application submission is November 15.
• Must be an active member of ARIN for at least three years
• Must possess a current nursing license
• Must be enrolled in an approved academic program
• Completed Application
• A statement of purpose of how these funds would be utilized in furthering or
enhancing your educational goal
• Two letters of recommendation. One should be from faculty who can attest to the
potential for successful completion of the nursing program and future contribution
to the field of radiology nursing
• A transcript or recent report card from the current educational institution with a
minimum of a 2.5 overall grade point average
Please submit this application with a copy of your nursing license and the materials outlined
in the submission requirements.
Return your application to the ARIN National Office by November 15 via mail, email, or fax.