The foundation provides four (4) $2,500 scholarships each year to students who are currently enroled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program and who have completed or are completing an internship program within the aviation insurance industry. The scholarship was formed in order to help him or her alleviate financial strain while expanding their professional knowledge and education.
AIA Scholarship Requirements
In order to be considered eligible for the AIA scholarship, applicants must be able to show proof of the
• Applicants must currently be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program.
• Applicants must currently be an intern or recently completed an internship program within a facet
of the aviation insurance industry (Agent/broker, underwriter, claims professional, attorney) with a
company that is a member of the Aviation Insurance Association.
• Students must have completed at least 45 college credits.
• The applicant's grade point average must be 2.5 or higher.
Required Documents for Submission
• Completed AIA Scholarship application
• Letter describing activities, indicating leadership qualities, goals, roles and reason for applying.
• At least one letter of recommendation from a supervisor during the internship program
• Latest transcript(s) from all universities and colleges attended.