The Minnesota Division of the Izaak Walton League awards a scholarship of not more than $1000.00 per year to assist
person(s) who enter or continue in an education program in Environmental Education major/commitment to education (Ruth
M. Saari Memorial Izaak Walton League Scholarship), Environmental Law, Wildlife Management or some program whose
primary focus is conservation of resources or environmental science.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and Minnesota residents. They must be in the second year or higher of a college degree program in environmental science, environmental education, conservation, environmental law, wildlife management or a related subject. Selection is based on academic merit and financial need.
1. Applicant must be a Minnesota resident.
2. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
3. Applicant must be at least in his/her second year of college.
4. Applicant must show a need for financial assistance and list other financial aid that he/she is receiving for the up coming
5. Scholarship may be used for tuition, books and transportation to the school or program.
• Completed application and transcript of previous year.
• Written essay (limit to one (1) typed page) on his/her philosophy of conservation and what the future holds for him/her
(please include educational plans and career goals)
• Resume of personal environmental experience
• Description of the program of study or workshop and anticipated graduation date.
• Describe how you are financing your education. What is the cost? List grants, scholarships, loans and work study
programs received or requested for next school year.
• Provide two letters of recommendation (from persons who can honestly verify activities related to field of study, such as
• Refund requested if recipient discontinues program
The applicant may be asked for verification of workshop or class attendance.
(If more space is necessary, please attach an additional sheet or sheets)