The purpose of the Association of Cuban Engineers Scholarship Foundation, Inc. (ACESF) is to assist Cuban-American and other Hispanic students in completing their engineering education. ACESF Scholarships are available on a competitive basis to undergraduate and graduate students. Scholarships have ranged from $500 to $2,500.
• You must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States of America who has completed at least thirty (30) units of college work in the United States prior to submission of this application.
• You must be of Cuban or other Hispanic heritage (at least one grandparent Cuban or other
• You must also be enrolled in college for the Spring term of the current school year and enrolled and in attendance during the Fall Term.
• Applicants are expected to be attending an ABET accredited college or university within one of the fifty states or Puerto Rico as a full-time student. A full-time undergraduate student must be carrying a minimum of twelve units per semester. A full-time graduate student must be carrying a minimum of six units per semester. Students must be enrolled in programs eventually resulting in a baccalaureate or higher degree.
• You must have a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA
IT IS THE APPLICANT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO SEE THAT ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE SUBMITTED BY THE DEADLINE PROVIDED. NO EXCEPTIONS OR EXTENSIONS WILL BE GIVEN. YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Official Transcript
• First page from your Student Aid Report (SAR) showing your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC)
SUBMIT BY MAIL TO: ACESF, P.O. Box 941436 Miami, FL 33194-1436
Successful candidates will be notified of their application status by early January. Student will be notified using the phone number provided in the application. Please keep in mind that the number of applications received may exceed the number of scholarship funds available.
Students will receive their scholarships at the Association of Cuban Engineers (ACE) Annual Gala at the end of January or early February.
A certified, original transcript of recent college work postmarked no later than December 15th. First year graduate students should send their undergraduate transcripts.
Previous recipients must update all of the information requested in this application