Hispanic Scholarship Fund
1411 w. 190th St., Suite 700
Gardena, CA 90248
Program Description:The HSF/Hormel Scholarship Program is a scholarship of $2,500 awarded for applicants interested in a career in the food industry. In addition, interested students can apply to be considered for a paid internship.
* Be of Hispanic heritage
* Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security Number at the time of application. All legal permanent residents must submit a copy of their valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired)
* Have a permanent address in one of the following Midwest states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin
* Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Be a Junior with an intended graduation date between December and August
* Be majoring in Accounting, Mechanical Engineering (includes Mechanical Technology), Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering/Technology (includes Industrial Management) Manufacturing Engineering, Business Administration (includes Operations), Management, Agriculture Science/Agronomy (includes Agriculture Engineering, Agribusiness, Ag Economics, Food Service), Computer Science, Information Technology (IT/MIS) (includes Computer Information Systems), Zoology (includes Animal Science), Marketing (includes Professional Selling), Hospitality Administration (includes Hotel/Restaurant Management) or related majors
* Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).