The recipient of the Chester M. Vernon Memorial Eagle Scout Scholarship will receive a $1,000 scholarship per year for four years. Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
Applications may be submitted between November 1, 2015 and January 31, 2016. Send to the National Jewish Committee on Scouting, Boy Scouts of America, 1325 West Walnut Hill Lane – S342, P. O. Box 152079, Irving, TX 75015-2079. Enclose a self-addressed stamped post card with the application.
Eligible applicants must:
• Be a registered, active member of a Boy Scout troop, Varsity Scout team,
or Venturing crew.
• Have received the Eagle Scout Award.
• Be an active member of a synagogue and must have received the Ner Tamid
or Etz Chaim religious emblem.
• Have demonstrated practical citizenship in his synagogue, school, Scouting unit,
• Be enrolled in an accredited high school and in his final year at the time
of selection. Exception – Scouts whose Eagle Scout boards of review are held the
same year of their high school graduation may apply in that calendar year. They may
receive a scholarship one time only.